Thursday, April 4, 2013

Creativity and New Media

New Media allows plenty of ways for creativity.  We can create things on our own or be inspired by others' creations.

I recently opened a Pinterest account, so anyone is free to follow me (still pretty new at this).  Anyway, I'm using what others' have posted as inspiration for my girlfriends' hangout.  I call it the Dames Reunion. I find this website and app very addicting since it's easy to re-pin posts and upload your own. I have discovered ideas and things that I would have never thought existed or could be done.

And I just returned to a virtual world, smallworlds.com, where you can dress however you want, create a work of art, and make a video (not mine, but I'm "in-world" friends with the creator).  Like any virtual website, anyone can customize their avatar. In the first picture, I decided to go with royalty on skates, and on the second, it was a Carnival-themed Amazonian.  The last two pictures are pieces of art constructed through a sculpting widget, and can be sold or bought with the virtual money.





No comments:

Post a Comment